Bev Sidders Skincare offers a variety of tested skincare solutions for hyperpigmentation and melasma, including cleansers, antioxidants, hydroquinone-free serums, and moisturizers. Bev also recommends Fraxel Clear & Brilliant Permea treatments (especially for melasma) to help reach your final goals.
Like any routine, CONSISTENCY and PATIENCE are required. Melanocyte suppression and results are not often seen until 3 to 6 months after a regimen is started BUT the reward is worth the effort. If you have any questions about which products to use or how to use them, click here to sign up for a virtual consultation. I would be more than happy to work with you to set up a regimen that works for you. The $100 consult fee can be used towards any purchase after the consultation.
ACTUAL CLIENT PHOTO ON RIGHT (No Make-up/No filters/No edits)
6 months post hydroquinone-free.
Examples of key active ingredients to look for in pigment reduction products: acetyl glucosmine, arbutin, azelaic acid, kojic acid, lactic acid, retinol, niacinamide, resveratrol, hinokitiol, vitamin C, hydrogenated phosphatidylcholine, willow bark extract, salicylic acid, hexanoyl dipeptide-3 norleucine acetate, hexylresorcinol.
Specifically targeted Hyperpigmentation/Melasma skin care routine:
2) Supreme Vitamin CE (Cosmetic Skin Solutions) –– about 8 drops to ½ dropper per application Key Active Ingredients: C, Glutathione
3) Daytime Pigment Correction Serum Key Active Ingredients: Kojic Acid, botanicals
5) ISDIN SPF50 TINTED SPF Key Active Ingredient: Pentapeptide - 34 (can be mixed with Actinic untinted version if tint is too dark)
Note: Steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 are most important; the other moisturizers are great options to choose from if you have the time or if your skin needs more moisture.
1) Cleanse (2-3 pumps Gly/Sal foam + 1 dime-size AHA/BHA scrub) – create gritty/lathery foam Key Active ingredients: AHA, BHA, Arbutin
2) Nighttime Pigment Correction Cream Key Active Ingredients: Arbutin, Willow Bark Extract (salicylic), Hexanoyl Dipeptide-3 Norleucine acetate, Heylresorcinal
3) Elta MD PM Therapy Key Active ingredients: Niacinamide B3, rice peptides
4) Retinol 1.0 OR your own prescription-strength retinoid Key Active ingredients: Vitamin A derivatives
5) Enriched Nighttime Biotherapy Key Active ingredients: Niacinamide, resveratrol
6) 5-6 drops of Bev Sidders Skincare jojoba facial serum Key Active ingredients: Hinokitiol, botanical
If you would like a printable version of the Hyperpigmentation/Melama skin care routine recommended by Bev, download it here.